The Public Sector Transformation Forum 2015
Transforming Back-Office Processes to Increase Effectiveness and Reduce Costs in Government and Utilities
Over the last 10 years, the majority of reforms aimed at the Australian Public Sector have focused on improving service delivery. These reforms have been spurred by an increased demand for cost effective and efficient public services from citizens.
In response, public sector organisations are looking at driving efficiency into their back office functions in order to free up revenue to meet front-line requirements. It is also compelling them to adopt citizen-centric service delivery models to improve their customer experience, by delivering outcomes based on citizens’ needs, and expectations, in addition to outcomes through enhanced service levels at reduced cost.
In light of these challenges, SSON’s 9th annual Public Sector Transformation conference will explore the range of service delivery models currently being investigated by governments and utilities, including shared services, contestability and outsourcing.
What will you learn at the Public Sector Transformation Forum 2015?
- Efforts to develop a whole-of-government approach to shared services to leverage economies of scale
- Creating standardised processes across multiple government departments to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Lessons learned from previous council mergers and the decommissioned reforms in Western Australia
- Leveraging outsourcing and contestability to deliver higher value, cost effective services
- Creating a high performance culture and overcoming change fatigue
Also, new for this year, the event will include case studies from utilities, reflecting the common challenges of limited budget and resistance to change faced by both sectors, and will also include a local government focus day, to address the specific issues faced by councils around Australia in light of the decommissioned WA reforms and NSW’s proposed ‘fit for the future’ amalgamations.
Who will you meet at the Public Sector Transformation 2015?
This event has been designed to provide a platform for the public sector to realise the benefits of shared services, outsourcing, process excellence and culture change.
- Director General
- Head of Shared Services
- Director/ Head of Business Transformation/ Finance/ HR/Procurement/ Contestability/ Business Services/ Administrative Services
- General Manager
- Chief Executive Officer
- Head of Operations
- Assistant Commissioner
- Head of Reform